It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, May 16, 2014

Just beat the rain…

while out visiting some garage sales today.  I found more books, a lovely casserole dish complete with lid, DVD kid’s movie for my daughter for her kids at church, etc.  It was a fun morning.  I came home and washed 2 loads of clothes and now I am exhausted.  It was very cold here this morning, upper 30s and I wore a winter coat and hat to the garage sales.  I am so ready for spring to decide to come back.    Another month and it will be summer and it will be hot and the temps will soar.  Just Illinois weather.

004

Lots of sales in the nice part of the city today.

003

These beautiful flowers (many shrubs) were all along the driveway leading to the house.  The lady having the sale said she was moving to California.

********************************************************************

And speaking of Illinois, it is said to be the most hated state in the USA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/04/30/half-the-people-in-illinois-hate-living-in-illinois/

I don’t hate Illinois. so I must be in the 50% that doesn’t hate our state.    It was a pretty good state before a few of our governors, most notably Ryan and Blagojevich got their greedy hands in the political pot.  I was brought to Illinois from Missouri as a small child so I have virtually lived here all of my life.  There are two parts to Illinois, Chicago and downstate.  I have always lived in the downstate half and I have never thought the division of state monies was distributed evenly.  Chicago getting 3/4 and the rest of the state 1/4.  Just my way of thinking.

That is enough political meandering for today.  It is pouring down rain again and I am tired so I am going to rest for awhile.  I will catch you all later.

Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

 

25 comments:

  1. Beth, I wish I could have gone yard sale-ing with you. I love doing that. Hoping for warmer weather soon. I am with you...it'll be summer and too hot soon enough. I wanted to enjoy my Spring. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its to bad those guys gave Illinois such a bad name! Good garage sale finds! Stay warm in this crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about the cold weather! at least the lilacs are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost smell those Lilacs from here! We are cold too:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. And we are having cool temps, but not winter coat type! Thank goodness! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lilacs are lovely.. I hope the warm weather is headed your wat. Beth, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul at the yard sales! I have decided that I prefer weather in the low 70s max and low 50s minimum. I definitely think I'm living in the wrong state!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't garage sales and thrift stores fun, Beth? Sounds like you found some treasures. I love lilacs, that photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went saling too today. Was chilly though. I didn't find a casserole dish which I need but did find a crockpot! Have a wonderful weekend. Our lilacs are not in bloom here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our last few days in Seattle area have had temps reach around 80 at the highest. Blue skies. I love it. Wish I could send you some. But the rain should bring pretty flowers and happy plants. Wishing good things to come your way. Bertie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a bit chilly here too but not quite as cold as by you.
    Glad you got some good things at the garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I wish it would rain here. Churches are holding PRAY FOR RAIN vigils and we are all praying.
    I haven't been to a garage sale this spring...yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is cold here today, too, Beth. Looks like we have more rain coming tonight, too. I agree- Chicago is an Illinois unto itself! lol Hope you got rested up. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you don't go straight from wearing a coat to wearing your bikini ;)

    Rain here all day at the shore but the weekend weather is suppose to be awesome!! Good takes at the garage sales, have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beth...our weather has been dreadful up north here as well. I froze running errands yesterday and I could live without rain for a long time!

    I wonder why the Post found our state to be so unpopular? We may not have had exemplary Governors, but our former and current Mayors (in Chicago) are doing a fine job. Let's hope the rest of the politics in our state change for the better as well.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting about your politics :)
    Sorry to hear it's cool up there in the north. Down here it's been warm for late Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't hate Illinois either, but I'm not a fan of our politicians. We need to be able to vote them in from Downstate, but we can't beat out the massive amount of Chicago voters.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been unseasonably cold here in KY the past two mornings as well. It was 41 this morning! But it's supposed to warm up again next week. I don't mind if it stays cool though. I am already looking forward to fall lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That does sound chilly! Spring can't hold off forever. Our state leaves us with fickle springs too. Here in Montana such things are expected though not always welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds strange coat and hat for Month of May , a month it could be a hot one. Had a few lovely days here Beth glad to say , making the most of it , loads of washing also..
    Enjoy your weekend
    Hugs Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  21. We just got some warmer weather up here today--almost 70! Hopefully it will be headed you way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, I agree. The political corruption in Illinois is a shame, and a crime. Our roads are the absolute worst, followed by Indiana. We need to work on that, along with a few other things.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The hate factor is reasonably high in Ma. We certainly have had our share of shifty politicians. I don't hate Illinois. It's the home of Chicago, one of the great cities of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty flowering bushes. - WA state is a lot like that. I live in the "other" part of the State not the part that gets all the money & clout.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks a nice area Beth, Politics is a dish best served cold. if at all.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)