It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, January 24, 2014

Take heart…

there are only 55 days left on the countdown to Spring.  The weather is still miserable at 2 degrees with a wind chill of minus 20.  The wind is moving to the southwest though and the temp is to warm into the 20s today.  January seems to be dragging on forever.

I am going out in a few minutes to see if my car will start  and clean the snow off.  Then a trip to the Kroger store to stock up.  We have a winter weather warning for more snow tomorrow. 

Nothing much happening here.  I won’t cook today.  The steak was good  but I only ate one small piece.  I usually bake a chicken as it is much healthier.

I have been to the store and am home again.  This time I didn’t forget the baloney so I am good to go.  I also got Cottonelle TP  too.  What more do I need to ride out the coming snow and cold then baloney and TP??

002

I am about to finish the Lisa Gardner book.  She is one of my favorite authors however this story is even grossing me out a little and I have read just about everything in my murder mysteries.  I probably need to read a Harlequin romance next to get my mind straightened out again.  Winking smile

Wow, in the time I have been typing this and running to the store the temp has warmed up to 7 degrees.

Have a peaceful weekend.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

21 comments:

  1. We'll do anything to get out of the house - bologna trip is the most creative one I've heard of. he he Stay warm friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I got out to do laundry of 2 weeks! I'm reading "The Almost Moon" by Alice Sebold. Strange story combination of love and hate. I don't know what to think about this one! Comment??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to get out to the store. We did the same today. Wishing you a good weekend, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really in an area where you get hit with winter! STAY WARM FRIEND.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the weather will warm up here in Montreal tomorrow as well...but then, after some snow, the temperatures will drop right back down again! Stay warm and safe. I don't think Oscar Meyer products are sold here in Montreal, at least I don't remember having seen any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only a piece of steak? Well so glad you stocked up on the essentials. Personally it is too cold to go anywhere for me. I still have cocoa, so I'm good for a few. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you...we are getting snow, too. Is it possible to get your bologna at the deli department...I know the packaged stuff has a lot of sodium and preservatives that aren't good.

    Stay safe and dry and warm!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay warm Beth! 55 days can't go by soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great that you could go out and buy your food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great that you could go out and buy your food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you ever had fried bologna? It's awesome! My mother used to make it for us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we had it with pancakes and syrup! Who needed bacon? ;) Linda@Wetcreek Blog

      Delete
  12. Small signs out there to welcome Spring , but I think January seems to linger more than any other month. Good to get your shopping done and feet up reading a book. Stay warm Beth
    Hugs Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't eat bologna anymore (rarely eat meat) but the TP is essential--LOL! My other essential would be my coffee. ;) Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. More snow and then the deepest deep freeze. I hope February goes the other way. I will be trucking with Bill. Stay safe, Beth. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahahaha...good old Harlequin romances. Suppose it would work?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Beth, Keep that countdown going, I cannot wait for spring. We had a thunderstorm with hail stones and lots of wind again today. So far no snow, for which I am grateful

    Have a Blessed Son/Sunday. Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  17. Toilet paper, milk, and bread all had to be purchased when I lived with snow.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! Baloney and TP..too funny! We are expecting the same I think, weather-wise. The news comes on here in about 10 minutes so I will see. I did an extra big shopping on Monday and we are still good.

    Take care, my friend! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)