It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday…running late

And I overslept this morning and didn’t get up till past 7:30 AM.  I sat up later last night finishing the Emilie Richards book I was reading.

51P8-d0BTCL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_

“With nothing but brains, ambition and sheer nerve, Charlotte Hale built a career as a tough, do-anything-to-succeed real-estate developer. She's at the top of that mountain…but her life is empty. Her friends are as grasping and insincere as she has become. Far worse, she's alienated her family so completely that she's totally lost touch with her only daughter.
One terrifying day, facing her own mortality, she realizes that her ambition has almost destroyed her chance at happiness.
So Charlotte vows to make amends, not simply with her considerable wealth, but by offering a hand instead of a handout. Putting in hours and energy instead of putting in an appearance. Opening her home and heart instead of her wallet.
With each wrenching, exhilarating decision, Charlotte finds that climbing a new mountain—one built on friendship, love and forgiveness—will teach her what it truly means to build a legacy.”  Amazon.com

This was a wonderful book.  I also read the Richards novel that followed this one.  Loved them both.

*************************************************

It is chilly out this morning and I am running back and forth to the laundry room.  I changed all of my bedding for winter bedding, bedspread blankets and all.  Quite a chore and it did wear me out.  I was wishing I had been smart enough to ask for a little help.  It is done now and just in time I think as the weather includes a possible freeze this week.

Have a peaceful day and be blessed.  If you have good health, be thankful.  If you have family and friends that love you be thankful.  You do have the Good Lord on your side so definitely be thankful for that.

A big thank you to Paul for the wonderful pics he sent me.

You all stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

25 comments:

  1. Hope you are able to rest up from your busy morning. Sounds like you are well ahead of me getting ready for winter time. I heard the reports about frost too. Cold and dark I sure dislike winter being so long. Hope you continue to feel well and know we all are praying that you have a complete and permanent healing!! Love ya XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read. Don't think I've ever read that author. Take it easy girl. I know I hate to stop when doing something like that, but sometimes a 10 min. break or two in a job is just what is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a really good book Beth. Take care of yourself, I have a problem asking for help too, but sometimes it's what needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing about this author! I love to read during the cold months, especially. Changing the bed linens is always a tiring job.....especially with the "help" of my cats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the cold weather coming in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are having a good day Beth and that all is well. Have a wonderful Wednesday afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing at all wrong with sleeping in. Our weather here is cloudy and rain is predicted....great sleeping weather!!! HOPE the rest of your week is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love when a good book keeps me up!

    Good for you sleeping in a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Beth sleeping in is a good thing once in awhile sometimes the body needs it. Take care and don't overdo OK. Hugs B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beth, the picture on the top of your page made us giggle her. It's so cute. M thinks the book sounds good and she's thinking about ordering it. Sounds like one of those "feel good stories.": he he - We have our winter bedding on too and it's been good snuggle weather. M said she'll get something in her blog soon - maybe this weekend. She sends you hugs and I send you a Mario Smooch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a good book. I'd put it on my list but I'm so behind on my reading list already!! : )
    It is so dark in the morning I'm not surprised to slept in a bit. I've done it myself a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you found some great books! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like an interesting book. I need to make a trip to the library soon. And I really need to get my winter bedding out! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a book I would enjoy! Going to look for that one and more by that author. You always have good book recommendations. Changing bedding is a big chore. Glad you got it done, now stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like a really good book, Beth. I am glad you got your bedding all changed out. I am sure it did tire you out. You are not completely recovered yet, you know-so don't overdo! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an interesting book. I read myself to sleep every night, and it is such a quiet and pleasant time. Well, enjoy the autumn. Bertie

    ReplyDelete
  17. It never hurts to sleep in once in awhile, Beth. The book sounds like a good one. I will put it on my list and hope to get too it before too long.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, never thought of you having to put winter bedding on. We keep the same all year around.
    The books looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Turned heat on here in SC this AM. Slept in a bit. Ok to sleep in once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sounds like a good book. I hope you didn't overdo with the laundry. I bet you're so glad it's done, though. Have a super Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't been able to get into a good book in a while...not sure why. Netflix has been my friend lately...maybe that's why. It's very fall like in these parts. Hope you have a wonderful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like an interesting book! There's nothing more enjoyable than being inside, under a blanket, with a good book while it's snowing outside. Oh, and don't forget the hot toddy! Enjoy the cool fall changes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you did not over sleep....you got the rest your body needed!!

    it's still very nice at the jersey shore!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Blessings Beth:
    Sounds like you doing much better. I see the witch is back and still haven't learn anything as she is still flying into trees. Up after 7:30 am is late? Dare I ask what quantifies as early then?

    Have a blessed day.
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  25. First of all you are very welcome. Anytime you want any pictures I have taken all you have to do is ask. I'm still having computer problems. It may be time to move on to a new machine. Just when I signed up to pay bills online. Maybe I should write a blog while this thing is working.
    Sleep. I've heard of that.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)