It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, April 26, 2013

George Jones remembered…

I saw George Jones in concert many times.  I was a member of his fan club for many years.   I saw him with several new acts that became famous, one of them being Kenny Chesney.  I even was privileged enough to see him in concert with Tammy Wynette.   Below is a picture I had taken with  George on 29 October 2002 in Ashland KY.  I was 11 years younger then and over 30 lbs heavier.  I was a lot healthier then too.  lol


Beth and George Jones Oct 29, 2002


You can click on the picture to make it larger.


My favorite Jones song, I Wanna Grow Old With You on youtube.

No, I am not really in mourning, I just have a sad feeling inside that something great has come to an end.

You all stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

14 comments:

  1. I'm happy you got to have your picture taken with him.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, My mother and father loved George and Tammy...that was their favorite kind of music too, country. It was so nice you had a picture with George. You are right,some part of a great era has come to an end.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth

    Guess we were all 11 years younger then lol

    Nice memory for you, especially to have photo to keep as well.

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat to have such great memories of him. I didn't hear the news lately so I didn't know he passed. His songs will surely live on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of you Beth when I heard he passed. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hear his voice as though I was listening to it on the radio. I will miss knowing he is on earth. So good you got to be there. Love that picture. Any more when you guys went to a concert? Xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got to see him so many times and to have your picture taken with him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture and a treasure... My mom was one of his biggest fans..I agree, no one can ever fill his shoes..Glad you were able to see him in person..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look to be very happy. I wasn't ever a fan of his, but do like a couple of his songs because they are sung with such feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture and memories Beth ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wasn't a big fan, but that is so cool you got your picture taken with him. Sounds like you were quite a devoted fan. It's always sad when icon-type famous people leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely capture to keep Beth lovely Memory.
    Hugs Sheila x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)