It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday Sunshine…

The sun is shining brightly and it is 13 degrees.  I thought about going to the store for a couple of things but I decided I didn’t want to go out in the cold.  Besides when I go to the store for a couple of things I end up spending $50 on things that I don’t even need or want.

I am fixing the turkey and getting things ready for my Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  One change in plans.  I am having cherry cheese pie instead of pecan pie.  The rest is still on.

***********
Easy Cherry Cheese Pie
This has always been one of my daughter’s favorites. So easy to make.
•8 inch graham cracker crust
•8 ounce pkg cream cheese softened
•14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
•1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
•1 tub of cool whip
•1 can cherry pie filling chilled (may use strawberry or blueberry)

Beat cream cheese till light and fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk. Stir in lemon juice and a teaspoon of vanilla (optional). Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust. Chill at least two hours. Top with pie filling before serving.
*********
I have been to visit all of you that have posted this morning.  I am off now to the kitchen to get busy!

Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth



18 comments:

  1. Ohhh Sis that pie takes me back... Made so many of those while living in Ca. Love it.. Wish I could come to your house for dinner sounds wonderful.Have fun!! Cold here too and no snow which suits me fine. Take care of yourself.. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound easy! My favorite Cherry Pie Filling desert is to mix a can of Filling in place of liquids into your favorite Chocolate cake mix for delicious bars/cake. A cream cheese frosting is best on it too. YUM. Have a great dinner and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, Why is Thanksgiving so late ?? Your cherry/cheesecake pie sounds so good. Enjoy all of it with loved ones. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving is good all year round.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fixin' Turkey?? Save a spot at the table for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come to your Thanksgiving dinner for some turkey and Cherry cheese pie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. 37 with wind and an expected high near fifty then the week goes nasty with twenties for highs...and we have no turkey dinner..however you've inspired me...I'm going to try and swing that next week if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth,

    Hope you enjoy your meal, sounds good.

    Hugs Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! This was a favorite holiday dessert at our family get togethers! Stay warm! We are at a balmy 33!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE a good home made meal, this is comfort food at it's finest!!

    brrrrr, you have a good day today, to stay inside and work on your meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not made this pie in years and years and years. I forgot about it. I am copying this recipe over and making it tomorrow- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yum! Now you FOR SURE need to set another place at the table for that dessert! Cherries are most appropriate on this President's Day week-end! Enjoy tomorrow! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well that is cold - we had a cooler day today with cold winds. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanksgiving? Did I sleep 9 months??? Lordy, I better get a new alarm clock!

    I did just exactly what you said you do at the store...I went in for milk, came out with $59 worth today....should have stopped by the convenience store instead...I'd be $59 richer right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Beth, I have wandered thoough your blog and it has been delightful. I guess you're living where you are now after your DH past away. I liked you writing about your weather, its what us British folk do too.. your everdayness was lovely to read about, your car, meds and daily doings..I loved it all.. hope your spring comes quickly for you. Here we have had some snow, rivers of rain but our snow drops are shining out there in the garden and our Christmas Roses hang their flower heads and look quite beautiful. We are off for a 4 week holiday to Australia so hope we will miss the rest of our cold weather here in Essex UK..
    Stay happy and keep writing!
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a wonderful dinner together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh goodness that sounds really yummy! I will have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)