It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday and…

it is a zip a dee doo dah day.  A cold front is set to come through this morning, hopefully bringing with it cooler temperatures and as much as a quarter inch of rain.  A quarter of an inch is better than no rain at all.  I spoke to my brother yesterday who lives close to St.Louis (Go Cardinals!) and he was telling me that the hail storm that they had about 3 weeks ago  had golf ball to baseball sized hail.  Both of their cars  suffered several thousand dollars damage and the roof of the house and a shed in the back had to have new shingles put on.  Now, I want rain but no hail storm please.

I guess things are straightened out with Comcast  for one month at least.  I received an email from them yesterday.  Quote:

“Thank you for contacting our Executive Care Office regarding your Comcast service. We appreciate your feedback and always invite the opportunity to improve our customer service experience.

Please be assured the service you received is not indicative of what we strive for and we have communicated your concerns to the proper departments to ensure that steps are taken to prevent these types of occurrences from happening in the future.

Our records indicate that the billing issue was resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this may have caused.”

That is OK.  I accept their apology but if there is anything the least bit off on my next bill there won’t be any apology big enough to satisfy me.

I am heading out to Bergner’s this morning to check out their clearance sales.  I may do some Christmas shopping.  I also would love to get to Kohls too.

I hope you all are having a great day.  Remember, the grass is not always greener on the far side of the hill.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

15 comments:

  1. That was a nice apology and let's hope they back their word. Wasn't enough rain here to hardly spot the car yet. Sure hope there is a little more coming. Everything is so in need of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually need rain here. Much as I have complained about incessant rain..it quit and we are all dusty and stuff.

    Comcast does seem to have improved their customer contact AFTER we have to complain.

    xox have a fun day Twin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They owed you an apology! Now, if they can just do what's expected of them, right? Especially for the money you pay them to do it. ;) These companies charge so much.

    Have fun shopping! Hope you find some good deals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are sending us the heat! Its been brutal and we have no ac on the main floor...ours broke last year. So today The Hubster is off to buy another AC. If he can't get one then I might very well sneak into the movies and stay the night!!!LOL
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got an inch in the past week - much needed too. Now we could use some more please. The cooler temperatures are also welcome. That heat of the past week was horrid. Hope you have fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you definitely deserved an apology! And - they had better have that billing problem all straightened out!
    I hope you enjoy your shopping and will find some good bargains! I like to Christmas shop in the summer, too, but am far behind getting that done this year.
    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zip a dee doo dah - I actually sing that line of the song quite often. : )
    Glad your bill got straightened out.
    Another super hot day here in MD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhhh it's so hot here in new jersey, you could fry an egg on the sidewalk!!

    i love kohls but do most of my shopping on line, it's so much easier!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are having a great day! Cooler weather sounds wonderful...wish it would come our way...a little rain (no hail) would be great! Enjoy your shopping and I hope your Comcast troubles are behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shopping for Christmas - good idea to get some good things before the crowd. I like to do that too. Wish we were having a cold front. Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to start Christmas shopping! Sounds like an awesome day. Thanks for stopping by and following! Following you now too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes the grass is greener but that's because people water it. I heard that somewhere and thought that was great. Hope you were get to Kohls as well. Haven't been to Kohls in months and months!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the hail storm sounds dreadful - dallas had one of those recently. yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Beth! I've learned many times over that the grass is NOT greener on the other side, but why does it always look like it is??!!!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your are all ways Especially for before the cooler weather.
    I hope your shopping for Christmas shop in the summer.
    Beth!you have a easy time...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)