It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, June 22, 2012

Backside of Friday and finishing the Comcast Rant…

I went out with my daughter today to touch the morning.  We did the garage sale route.  Not much there but a few old cookbooks that I picked up.  I love to look through them and as I have noted before, once in awhile I fix a recipe from one of the old cookbooks.
Before coming home we stopped by Wal*Mart so that I could by a new corded telephone. 

 Because…

I did it.  I had already gone by the local Comcast Office yesterday morning and paid the coming month’s bill.  Afterwards the thought came to me that I am tired of fighting with Comcast.  Their customer service is the pits.  Monday afternoon I am having my service changed over to ITV3.  The price is the same but with more channels and I can have corded phones in my house again.  Comcast has the computer, phone and cable all running through the same hookup.  Comcast telephone service is sporadic at times.
**********
spo·rad·ic/spəˈradik/
Adjective:
Occurring at irregular intervals or only in a few places; scattered or isolated.
Synonyms:
occasional
**********
I will probably have to fight to get back my money I paid Comcast but that is OK.  I just want to be rid of them. They are like vultures, raising the price of something every month and of course the final straw was the huge overcharge on the bill I received this week.  And you know what…it is like a weight off my back to think that I won’t be fighting with them anymore.
It is very pleasant here today at 78 degrees right now.  While I was out this morning there wasn’t a cloud in the bright blue sky.
My neighbors next door and two doors down are switching  from Comcast too! 
See, I have extended my Comcast rant from Tuesday through Friday and now I am  letting go of it.  I hope that Mark  is reading this.   Goodbye Mark!
 
Beth

11 comments:

  1. I was so relieved when I quit our similar Cable One up here. I hope you have much better service with the new company and that you find something scrumptious in the cookbooks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you switching from a service that isn't working for you. We recently switched from Qwest or Century Link (as it is now called) and are now with Cox. If we become dissatisfied with Cox we will switch again. I think that we as consumers have to take power into our own hands and not spend our dollars on poor, over-priced inferior service and products. Sounds like you feel empowered! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do feel empowered, and I accomplished this without losing my temper which is a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, it is so liberating!! heavy rains here in new jersey today but sunshine tomorrow with cooler temps!!

    sounds like a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well good for YOU! It's warm here today, but a nice breeze which makes all the difference. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Years ago when I left Comcast, I called and cancelled my service. They told me what my balance was and I sent it in. I guess they quoted me ONE CENT less than the balance, because then I got a bill for one cent. I called and said, you are paying like 22 cents to mail me a bill for 1 cent. If you want me to pay this, I will stop by your office when I am in the area and bring you a penny, but I am not going to spend postage to mail you a penny! And not going to write a check for a penny either! I was told not to bother, they would change the balance to 0.
    Then I got 2 more bills for one cent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the switch works out for you. Good luck! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sadly, i swear every cable co. / satellite svc, etc. all do similar things. but good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you Beth this is a sad affair indeed. Getting your back up every day is something you can do without. So Good Luck with your new supplier . Hugs Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That has been a real battle for you with those people hasn't it? I just pray you find victory in it. Funny how things like that tend to sap the joy out of everything...nobody needs that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pain! I'm so glad you switched I hope the new company takes good care of you!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)