It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Monday, April 2, 2012

Another…

beautiful day in the works for the heart of central Illinois.  It is 53 degrees now and is supposed to get into the mid 80s today.  I like that!

I am beginning to get used to the ‘thing’ Sandi.  However, I am waiting for the ‘oh you will feel so much better’ stuff that all of the doctors involved fed to me.  I hope that will come to pass.

I have asked my daughter and she said she will help me television hunt this morning.  It took my TV about 5 minutes and lots of clicks before it came on yesterday.  This was very important as Desperate Housewives was on last night.  That show is winding down, only two more  episodes I think.  I really hate to  see it go as I have watched it from the very beginning.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day.  I stepped out my back door and took a couple of pics.  These are the scenes that I can see each day when I look out my back door.

001   002

In the second picture you will see the tree that I have been taking a new picture of each month this year.  So far there is no green on it at all.  I will take a new pic of the tree on Wednesday.

I hope you all have a good week.  Stay safe and be happy.

Beth

13 comments:

  1. No tv? That would send my husband round the bend. I haven't watched Desperate Housewives though I know a lot of people do. Nice view out your back door. Isn't is nice to watch a tree awaken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 61 down here at 6 AM...and heading for 90 they say. yikes.

    Lovely view and what a majestic tree. Good luck on the tv shopping..does not sound like fun to me, lol. I'm gonna be rounding up branches to make teepee trellises for the lima beans today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have beautiful views!

    Luck with the tv shopping...

    -sigh- Getting used to the *thing,* but not feeling WONNNNDERFUL, because of it, yet. Hope that lovely effect hurries up and arrives!!!!!!!!!!

    "A gush of bird-song, a patter of dew,
    A cloud, and a rainbow's warning,
    Suddenly sunshine and perfect blue--
    An April day in the morning.”

    ~~Harriet Prescott Spofford

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love all the green shades in nature in the spring! You are probably a good week ahead of us as far as how far things have leafed out or blooming time. Many of our trees have the tiny green leaves, but no full leaves are opened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next year I think I will choose one of my trees too and do that. I love the idea. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather here is quite awful and is mostly about grey skies and wind. I see it's up and down all week with Friday looking just awful. Our state is about as extreme as any I think. Some trees are budding nicely while others are far slower. I'm ready for some real warmth that lasts more than an hour or so a day I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup! Sounds like you need a new TV. :(
    Much warmer there. We're only in the 50s today. I'm surprised the tree hasn't been leafing out with all that warm weather. Soon.
    Have a great day. I hope you find a good TV on sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely view it's great to see a tree come alive Beth. Open places and somewhere to walk , just what the doctor ordered. Hope you get yourself a good TV soon, funny that mine has only one speaker working so the volume isn't so good.May have to hunt around for one myself, it's a very large TV, 10years old. So it would be rather nice to have a slim line.
    Enjoy your day and another fine day .
    Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful scenery right outside your backdoor!!
    Good luck tv shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I did the "sneak peek" of my tree, because had I not, the coming April 8th picture would have been a great disappointment! The blooms are over and done with. The tree is going to get a "haircut" sometime soon. I don't know if you'll see it in the April picture or the May picture. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate when cool shows come to an end. I have seen those machines and I haven't a clue how anyone can sleep with them on. Hope you get some good sleep soon Beth.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are having honest to goodness spring weather! We had sun today, so were very happy around here! Not likely to last though!

    Hope you found a great deal on a tv! And that you are soon getting wonderful sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see how the tree is looking. I'm sorry the TV is giving you issues :(

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)