It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day Twenty One…

and it is still drizzling, not quite a rain but close.  It is 37 degrees.  I set my alarm for 6 AM and I have changed the bedding, had breakfast, and on my first load of laundry.  I have lots to do before Saturday.

Tomorrow afternoon is another doctor appointment.  Then Friday I will cook the ham and the turkey.  Somewhere in between there is cleaning the dreaded bathroom and getting out the vacuum and dusting the furniture.  Since I made such a mess cookie making a few days ago I don’t need to worry too much about the kitchen cleaning as that is already done.

Menu for Christmas Eve:

  • Ham
  • Turkey
  • Stuffing
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Gravy
  • Green bean casserole (I love this stuff)
  • Corn casserole (I love this stuff)
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Pecan pie

Enough for us all to have leftovers.  An open invitation for any of you that have no place to eat Christmas dinner.   That includes you RB.

I just went to check my laundry and the drizzle has turned into pouring down rain.

A long time friend of my WV sis and her husband passed away yesterday.  He was a very nice guy.  Jim and I met him on several occasions when we were visiting Rae and Hugh.  We even played a few games of poker with him.  If I remember correctly he was very lucky at cards. http://www.herald-dispatch.com/x313670888/Long-time-reporter-Hardin-dies   So long Jack, you will be missed.  Heaven has just added another angel.

I have to close this off and get busy.  I hope you all have a pleasant day.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

10 comments:

  1. Dark day up here, too. It's 30 and supposed to get up to maybe 34, so not sure if we might have rain or snow...or nothing...20% chance.

    Good luck with all the prep and the doctor. Dinner sounds delicious!! And you already have cookies! ;)

    Sorry about your sister's friend. My mom's cousin just died, too. But he was 94, so it wasn't such a sad thing, you know. He had a long, full life.

    Have a super productive day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite a menu to prepare (and eat!). We try to have some kind of seafood or fish around Christmas or Christmas Eve---usually oysters on the grill or Albacore tuna (fresh from the Pac. Ocean!). Perhaps the oysters this year with Sean coming home---too lazy to make a trip to the ocean for the tuna. Hope you have a lot of friends and family over to help you eat it all. Enjoy and don't overdo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be in good shape come Christmas. We are still needing to get to the store so I expect after church tonight or early tomorrow we'll get all of that done. It feels great just to be ready to enjoy it instead of having a bunch of running to do don't you think? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you will be busy over the next few days! I finally got (almost) all my presents bought and wrapped. It's nice to finally have that done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Rae I'm remembering her and Jack's family. This has just been a kinda sad year for me and many others. Or one that brought problems of one kind or another, health or otherwise. I didn't escape..for sure.

    Turkey (breast) for us, dressing, gravy, yeast rolls, mac and cheese..the good stuff, garlic/parmesean cheese mashed potatoes, shelly beans. Cranberry sauce too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always a sad thing when someone dies, but it hits even harder during the holidays. My condolences to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From the obit he sure had a great sense of humor. Sorry to hear he passed. I do hope you pace yourself with all the cooking and cleaning. I know you are excited to see your son. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is nice to hear about your Christmas plans. You and yours will have a wonderful time. I wish you a wonderful Christmas. bertieblue

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Beth, Just stopping by to wish you and your family a Blessed Christmas and New Year.
    Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you got most things all up together Beth, i'm trying to catch up with blog posts, but as quick as I reply to one, another two pop up SIGH> Tell me, why the 'dreaded' bathroom? is it very cold or dark or have you got gremlins in there? do tell please.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)