It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day Thirty One…

Recipe for a Happy New Year. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Anonymous

    Take twelve fine, full-grown months; see that these are thoroughly free from old memories of bitterness, rancor and hate, cleanse them completely from every clinging spite; pick off all specks of pettiness and littleness; in short, see that these months are freed from all the past—have them fresh and clean as when they first came from the great storehouse of Time. Cut these months into thirty or thirty-one equal parts. Do not attempt to make up the whole batch at one time (so many persons spoil the entire lot this way) but prepare one day at a time.

    Into each day put equal parts of faith, patience, courage, work (some people omit this ingredient and so spoil the flavor of the rest), hope, fidelity, liberality, kindness, rest (leaving this out is like leaving the oil out of the salad dressing— don’t do it), prayer, meditation, and one well-selected resolution. Put in about one teaspoonful of good spirits, a dash of fun, a pinch of folly, a sprinkling of play, and a heaping cupful of good humor.

**************************************************************************************************

I did it!  I have posted each day for the whole month of December 2011.  Bowing and waiting for a clapping of hands.  lol

I know I said I wouldn’t do it but I did.  I just got back from the store.  I had to get cornbread mix as I am cooking some beans with the ham bone from Christmas.  And everyone knows you can’t have beans without cornbread.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all, my blogging friends, for staying with me, many of you for almost 7 years, through my happy times and my sad times.  May God Bless you all with a healthy, happy New Year.  I was going to put prosperous in that sentence, but, you know what, I learned long ago that health and happiness are so much more important than wealth.  I will see you all again next year.

xoxox

Beth

11 comments:

  1. YAY - you did it girl. Congratulations. We hope 2012 brings renewed good health to you. Yes, good health is everything. Beautiful message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you hear me clapping up here in Fargo?!! ;)

    I am new to your blog this year, but I am glad we connected. May 2012 be a wonderful year filled with joy and love and happiness and good health! All worth more than wealth any day! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now don't you feel accomplished as you face a new year? That is some dedication! I'm not sure I could even find the material to do that but you've done it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Beth Marie, Wishing you a very healthy and Happy New Year. As ever be well

    ReplyDelete
  5. *applause* *applause* :)

    Happy New Year, Beth! I am glad you found my blog, and that I have the wonderful opportunity to call you "friend". I enjoy reading about your many adventures in cookie baking. *grin*

    I'm wishing you good health for the new year, and look forward to dropping in to see what you're up to.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo! Bravo! You made it!

    For those of us who started on Spaces we've been through a lot together. May we continue for many more years to come.

    Happy New Year Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful recipe. I don't have this one, but I certainly do need a copy of this. :)
    Congratulations you did it! You are a real Blog trooper!!!
    Here's hoping that you and yours had a most excellent Christmas holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You my Dear Friend Beth, have been missed!! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes you did Beth, and I feel proud of you ,more shame to me as I didn't manage to read and comment on them all, slapped wrist to me, and accolades to you, Love the sentiment on top,can I purloin it for my FB page please??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Beth didn't you do grand ... Love the top Recipe so to speak . Happy and a Healthy New Year to you , you are so right without good health we are at a loss. Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)