It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday, a new day…

The last few days have been tough.  The new med I started Friday has given me some bad side effects and I need to call my doctor’s office at 8:30.  I can’t recall feeling so bad for quite awhile.  Naturally these things happen at the start of a weekend.  I am holding on with a thread nerve wise too.  I am so thankful to have my Christmas shopping done. I have an appt with a different doctor for something else on the 15th.   At this present time I am overwhelmed and finding it difficult to cope.

The fruit cakes turned out nicely.  You can see that it makes a lot of cake.

003

If you do decide to make this recipe, take note that I use small/ medium size pans and if you use a larger pan you should count on at least 2 hours baking time.  (Check for doneness with a toothpick in center)  If you want less cakes, just cut the recipe in  half.

It is pretty nippy this morning, checking in at 34 degrees.  It was drizzly all day yesterday and the sun never did come out.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.  Don’t eat too much candy.  Stay safe and be happy!

Beth

17 comments:

  1. Beth, I'm so sorry your meds are not giving you the help you need. I sure pray they get things straightened out quickly. It seems like it takes forever to get things right. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping the new meds would do the trick for you Beth. I am so sorry that you are going through such a rough time right now and pray you start to feel better soon. Sending Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Twin, may the doctor's call be helpful and something changed so that the side effects aren't so draconian. I pray that you'll feel more like yourself and that the stress falls away. Much love and hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Beth I am so sorry you are not feeling better. Sometimes those meds are a never ending cycle of side effects and redited prescriptions. I hope they can find a medicine that will make you feel better instead of worse. you are in my prayers.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, I'm sorry the meds aren't working for you and I do hope and pray that all will be worked out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you sweet Beth, so sorry this ordeal is taking so long to get resolved with the meds. Hang in there. Hugs........Rusty xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the cure is worse than the affliction. I often wonder if we are all just being used as guinea pigs. I wonder if all doctors are just in the drug companies pocket.
    "Doctor I have this problem."
    "Take these pills. Next patient."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and by the way I love that picture of you. You cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth it is certainly time for a break in the health situation for you. I will for sure pass along a prayer again for you this morning. Fruit cake has always been a favorite of my dad. My grandmother used to have that available often enough before she passed away...memories. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Beth,

    Do hope you will soon feel much better in every way, it does seem to be a testing time for many.

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear you have more issues to deal with and have been feeling so poorly. Wish I could make you better right this second! Hope you get to feeling better soon and they get your meds all straightened out. Be good to yourself! Take it easy.
    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there Beth, and see the doctor asap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you having a bad time with side effects,
    I has problems with that too in the past.
    Please take care my friend.
    Big Hugs,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful picture. I can remember when you looked just like that. You are still beautiful to me. Bye now. ME

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope by now, you have received real help from your MD. I am praying for you. Gos bless you good friend. Hugs from Bertie

    ReplyDelete
  16. How frustrating these med issues are! Hope they get resolved for you quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending an extra prayer for you Beth. All will be fine. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)