It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Busy, busy, busy…

and I do mean busy.  I hit a bonanza at garage sales yesterday.  I have enough books now to last me all winter.  I take the books to Goodwill as soon as I read them.  Below are my purchases.

P9150002  P9160004

If you click on the pictures you can see the titles.  Awesome buys.  This one garage sale had over 400 hardbacks for $1 each.  Buy 4, get one free.  I was able to find 6 by John Sandford that I hadn’t read.  

And then I have been in the kitchen again. My son will be here tomorrow and I will be so happy to see him.  I really do miss him.  I am too far away now to see him as often as I did before.  I made his favorite lemon cream cheese bars yesterday.  Today I fixed potato salad and Mandarin orange salad (recipe in my recipe blog) plus chocolate frosted brownies.  We will have KF chicken with that and baked beans.  My daughter and son in law will be over after church to eat with us.

img229 

My son at age 8.  I found this picture in an old album that I haven’t looked in for many years.  I LOVE this picture.

I have to go now.  For some reason the highlighter won’t quit.  LOL  

Red heart  Beth

14 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful day with your family Beth
    Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all sure will have a fine feast. Have a good family visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always happy to read about your family Beth,
    I hope your son's still fishing? I love fishing but my two son's are not really follows his dads.
    You bought your favorite books to store for all the winter times:-) A good thinking Beth..
    Enjoy with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great reads you got. I know you are all excited to see your son. Enjoy your Sonday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to laughing Twin...that highlighter thing sounds like MY kind of luck. Hehehe. Have a wonderful visit with him tomorrow..Iknow how much you're looking forward to seeing him. And all his favorite to eats as well..sounds like a loving mother to me. :-)

    love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great deal on books! I desperately need a bunch of different books to check out and may have to do something about that soon. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your son. I took it easy today since the week holds plenty to keep me busy...the weekends feel like a good time to relax. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on the books. Sounds like a great deal, and that is alot of books. Have a wonderful time with your son and family tomorrow Beth.
    xx's Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome guy! I bet you can still see him that way!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beth wow didn't you do well I love a good book. Hope you find time to relax to enjoy your good finds. Have a lovely time with your son and family today Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've said it before, I just have to start going to garage sales. What a find. Have a wonderful day with the family. Those are the best kind of days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Beth,

    Great picture, nice looking lad. Have a great family time today.

    Hugs Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable picture!
    I couldn't enlarge the book pics. They were just the same size so, with my eyes, I couldn't read most of them. Love books, though--so I know it was a bonanza!
    Have a great visit with your son and family time!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lucky you were to get hard cover versions for that price. Around here they are about 2 to 3 $ each..only the paperbacks are cheaper. Have fun reading and with your son's visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Beth!
    Great reads...I love garage sale and thrift store books.. Our Goodwill always has good ones too and I'm a book hoarder, I'm afraid. LOL

    Love love love John Sandford and the Prey books. Have you read Kathy Reichs (Bones) or Iris Johansen? All good. I keep wanting to try to set up a book swap around here....

    Have a ball with your son...sounds like you're all set for a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)