It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I thought…

oh boy, I can do this, and I did.  I have decided to take one room at a time and clean it thoroughly instead of rushing through all of the rooms at once.  This was a decision I made yesterday after standing too long in the kitchen doing odds and ends and ending up with a terrific backache.  This morning I thoroughly cleaned everything in my bedroom, windows and all, and then I quit!  My room looks really good.  My back is still hurting but I have one shiny clean room.  Tomorrow I will tackle the second bedroom, that is unless I can talk my daughter into going garage saling with me.  After all one has to set priorities, and it is summertime.  Soon the snow will be flying and garage sales will only be a pleasant memory.

Today is a glorious day sent from up above.  It is sunny and 70 degrees right now with a lazy little breeze.  The temp is supposed to hit 80 today.  I have opened the windows for fresh air.  It doesn’t get much better than this.

I finished the John Sandford book and have started another one.  I love his books!  I am beginning to have quite a pile of his books to take to the library.

Gotta run now, I am off to get the heating pad out of the closet.  You all stay safe and be happy.

Red heart  Beth

10 comments:

  1. I think itemizing your to do list is a great idea, I'm sure it is much less overwhelming that way. You sound like you're having the same weather as we are though we have the threat of severe weather often now and have much more rain than normal so far this summer. My mom got a Kindle and is loving that...I'm hoping to get one myself at some point. Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that is the best way to clean, but we do get off track don't we? That was how we used to do summer classroom cleaning and you would think it would rub off at home wouldn't you? Nope.

    Hey, garage sales are much more fun anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the exact same thing this week. I tackled one room, thoroughly, at a time and then stopped, did the next room the next day and so on! It's one of my favourite ways to clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do right to enjoy the nice weather while you have it. I try to work like you in the garden, I have it divided in to four areas and I try to spend one day a week in each area. Of course it doesn't always work out so I'm not to regimented about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I so envy your weather for the day. Heaven knows you gus needed a break!!
    I need to do as you did, Twin and just thoroughly clean one at a time. I will soon as I am al better, and I meant that. :-)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your head pictures of the Tortoise just set back and not worry about a long future:-)
    It is very hard to do it that only one room to cleaned though it is hard ones.
    I'm like yours once start and until finish all what ever you are doing etc.
    The next day I'be sorry for myself in so many times.
    But these days a specially in the garden only an hours works because my lower back is start to hurts.
    Please take care.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure got busy. Glad you are getting heat relief. Well, except for the heating pad ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth,
    I hope you have a good weekend
    Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beth such a good idea one room at a time, getting backache is a regular thing when you stand too long and try to tackle too much. Have a lovely weekend Hugs Sheila :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, brace yourself.....I just checked our weather guess for tomorrow and it's calling for a 40% chance of thundershowers and a high of 71! Gonna have to break out the long johns!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)