It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Did you ever…

have something happen that brightened your day and left a big smile on your face?  I had that happen to me yesterday.  I received my first birthday present (my birthday is not till next month) in the mail.  It was a hobo bag from my sister Rae.  THANKS RAE!!  I have it all filled and ready to carry.  Note the extra wide shoulder strap.  I love that!!

P8080008

P8080007

Click photo to make larger.  These beautiful bags can be found online at http://www.catalogfavorites.com/.  Do check this site out as it has some really neat stuff on there.  In fact, I have already found something to order from there. 

It is a lovely morning here with much lower humidity.  I have the front screen open again letting some fresh air in the house.  Right now the temp stands at 70 degrees F.

I showed you all my tomato crop yesterday and then my daughter told me that my SIL’s brother had given them a sack of lovely huge tomatoes.  I got to share in those and being the good neighbor that I am I took my smaller tomatoes to share with Deb and Joe and Myrna and Don.  Then for supper last night I had this huge bread, butter and tomato sandwich!  It was awesome.

I did some shopping at Bergners yesterday.  They have some really good sales going on right now.  It is really nice having a Bergners right here in town.  Kohls is several miles down the road on 29 which is a road that I hate.  The traffic on there is terrible and there is always construction.

I have already done laundry this morning.  Next on the agenda is figuring out what I am going to eat today.

Stay safe and be happy!!  Have a wonderful day!

Red heart  Beth

9 comments:

  1. Love the bag! Hope you have a great birthday planned---can't wait until our tomatoes ripen some. My son has been raiding the pear tomatoes already---I have to slap his hands before he gets them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag. What a nice gift. I hope your birthday was fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, am I ever glad that page didn't have camo, photo or fishing gear because THE BOSS would have something else to yell at me about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no, I typed too soon! T-shirts!!!! THE BOSS is gonna kill me when the credit card bill gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE tomato sandwiches! We have been growing Oxheart heritage variety from seeds for years. They are huge, sweet, non-acidic and meaty! The only difference here is that we like our sandwiches slathered with mayo instead of butter.

    You bag is neat! I also checked out Bergner's and have never hear of that store. Researched and found that hey are only located way south of us up here. Every day is a day to learn, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So are you going to take the bag and ride the rails?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very nice your birthday present a nice bag though your sisters thinking of you all the times
    that I like that very much..
    Enjoy your day and everyday,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the bag Beth so pretty and unusual will check out that site. Hope you have a lovely Birthday Planned. Hugs Sheila :) x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)