It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, February 18, 2011

Glorious Bright Sunshine…

Checking in here from central Illinois with 45 degrees and dazzling sunshine.  I used dazzling as an adjective because this is the first day in several weeks that I can see bare ground with the sun shining on it.

I have been busy today with normal everyday things that really are of no interest to anyone but me; such as laundry, running errands, etc.

I had coffee with my niece at one of the McDonalds here in town this morning.  The first time I have sat in a fast food place and observed people for quite a while.  Lots of people there taking advantage of the 70 cent senior citizen coffee.  We had one of the hot cinnamon rolls with it.  GOOD! coffee in Mickey D’s.  My niece told me I should have coffee there more often as there is a group of single over the hill guys that have coffee there each morning.  Not sure I am interested in a single over the hill senior type guy that hangs out in McDonalds.  But to be fair to her I did glance around to check them all out.  Confused smile  Not a Mark Harmon among them so I settled down and paid attention to my decaf and cinnamon roll.

Then we came back here and watched Y & R.  Boring today for a Friday as that is usually cliffhanger day.  LOL

I think I will spend this afternoon cleaning out the closet in my spare bedroom.  That should keep me busy for a couple of hours.

I hope you all have a great weekend.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Red heart  Beth

8 comments:

  1. Well now coffee at McD's more often may surprise you. One can never make too many friends ;-)
    Is your cliff hanger what you may find in your closet while cleaning? That's as boring as cleaning ah sock drawer ;-0 LOve ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm here in WNY, too - up to 60. Finally seeing all that brown grass underneath - somehow it looks fresh anyway. Did not know about the cheap coffee at McD for over the hill types; must drop in and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you can see the ground again, maybe it'll stay that way for awhile.
    I'm slowly working on Kassey's BR closet, don't know what to do with it. lol
    I love Mc D's coffee, best anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I was a young mother and lived next door to my mother. We didn't go anywhere til our "soaps" were over at 3pm. We walked at the crack of dawn because afternoons were for soaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's scorching hot over here in New Zealand, it's so hot I feel like fainting if I do anything....
    Hope your arthritis has improved now it's not so cold over there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello.. checking in tonight..I agree the ground looks nice without the darn snow.. it is coming again I hear and dread that ICE that is coming with it. Mark Harmom I agree is the one I would be looking for too..hehehe great example!! Wish you could come and help me clean out my closets and my basement and my.. well you get the idea.. and so it goes on and on.. it always does!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth that made me laugh checking the over the hill guys. lol... Thats funny I was just thinking of doing the same thing in my bedroom,after I have finished here, Laugh!!Have a lovely day and enjoy that sunshine, it's a pretty good day here also Beth. Hugs Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is nearly a spring time Beth and we will have an Autumn time it seems we had skipped our summer time over here...
    I had short brake for with my friends at her beach house which was very enjoyable time we have had, So today I can spend time at computers, the golf course were still to be under mending from the floods.
    Only five holes are open from yesterday,
    That one of reason I went to away.

    Keeps it up your younger mines...you know what that means...not senior type...
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)