It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Sunday, February 6, 2011

28 Degrees and what else?

Why it is snowing of course. My car that was all cleaned off yesterday looks like a giant snowball. Some days are diamonds, some days are stones. I left little bitty size 6 & 1/2 footprints in the snow going back and forth to the laundry room. I wanted to get it all done before I go out after while to clean off my car.


My legs and arms are still letting me know that I shoveled snow for a nice period of time on Friday when my daughter helped me to clean off my car. Last winter I shoveled just about every day but I guess I am out of practice.

Is everyone all set for the super bowl? I am not a fan but I hope the Packers win for my friends from Wisconsin. I don’t even have any snacks here but I have got lots of Bones episodes on the DVR to keep me busy. Plus I have downloaded several books on my Nook. I really do like the Nook, but there is one major thing I don’t like about it. I confess to always reading the last few pages of a book first and I like turning back a page or two in case I missed something. That is a lot of bother to do on a Nook. So here I am reading this chilling murder mystery and I don’t know who dunnit. Very frustrating.


I am fixing a roast for today. YES!! I am cooking something again, in fact I have been cooking a lot more lately instead of eating so many TV dinners. I have several containers of chili in the freezer. I think veg/beef soup is next.


I hope you are all having a wonderful day. Please do not OD on Nachos and cheese dip.


Beth


10 comments:

  1. Oh that is too funny, you can't read the ending of a book LOL!!!!!!
    Glad you are cheering for the Packers. Soak those aching muscles in a hot bath. Soup sounds good with hot buttered rolls. Have a great day Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there Beth,
    my ex follows the NFL and the Steelers is his team.So he'll be watching the Super Bowl tonight.(Britain-wise)So come on the Steelers! (sorry!!)
    To think you've been cheating and reading the ending of books...for shame!! ;-) serve you right, now you've got a murder mystery you haven't solved already!!! Laughing my socks off!!
    have a wonderful day...and hugs from me and Bess.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth

    Happy reading, I have been known to read the last page first too. I give up about the snow, we are holding our breath, we will probably get another lot before winter is over.
    Take care, hope you have a good week
    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wouldn't do much good to have a Nook, I like reading the last page too. I'd like to have one though.
    Chili soup kinda day, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had some of your thunder here in the mountains...but,snow is melting away...
    Magazines I read back to front...lol...books from front to back...
    we had pizza this evening...a Super Bowl food...now, I'm going to read...don't watch the game myself, but I like the snacks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our snow is melted away for the most part but more is forecast for midweek.I've had enough and being warm enough for shirt sleeves today has really got me ready for Spring. Just to be able to open the windows and get some fresh air in the house......

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are lucky to not much shoveled snows this year thank you for your daughter Beth.
    I have had nice brake from blogs for the last three days which was enjoyable with my family
    BUT I was wornout after that because I don't get used to that noise all the time:-)

    And weather was very bad some place are floods again included my golf course as well.
    hope you are enjoy read your favorite murder mystery books though you must have nightmare after the night?
    Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green grass here Beth, all that snow phew!! hope you enjoyed your lovely roast yesterday sounds very inviting. Hugs Sheilax

    ReplyDelete
  9. The snow that never ends...or so it seems. Talked with a cousin from Sullivan, IL, he said there's still ice on everything there...including the trees.
    I can't believe you'd read the ending of a book first. My 14 year old granddaughter does that...keep telling her she's 'spoiling' it. I love trying to put all the clues together and figure it out myself. Sometimes I do and sometimes there's such a twist I wasn't even close.
    Your roast sounds good. I'm thinking a chicken soup for us...we both have colds and it would just 'hit' the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been off for a few days but I thank you for helping us root for out Packers. I do believe it helped us win.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)