It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday afternoon…

and this has been a busy weekend.  Yesterday morning my great niece came for a visit and brought her little girl (my great-great niece).  She is such an adorable little child who will be two years old in March.

001

I laughed at her hair when she took off her winter hat.  Her hair was going in every direction.  Her mommy usually has it in two pigtails.  She seems to grow more each time I see her.  She is like a little bolt of lightning darting here and there.  I sure can’t keep up with her.  Rae, (my sis) and I decided that is the reason why God decided mothers should have their children while they are young as we can’t keep up with them as we grow older.  Winking smile

My brother and sis in law are coming Thursday to spend the night with me.  They will head out to northern Illinois on Friday morning to be with their son, DIL, and granddaughter.  Thursday is also my son in law’s birthday so it will be a busy day.

I have gifted all of my service people except the mail carrier.  She moves so fast it is hard for me to catch up with her.  The one most surprised was the garbage man as I gave him a plate of cookies and some money.  That is a nasty job and I don’t think that they are appreciated for what they do.

It is cold and cloudy here today.  25 degrees and there is snow/and or freezing rain predicted for the next couple of days.  I need to make a grocery store run in the morning and get stocked up.  Smile  Did you you catch that Boston guy??

I hope you are all having a great weekend/

Red heart  Beth                                                    

14 comments:

  1. What an adorable child, Beth; and that strawberry blond hair! Luscious, tousled or not :)
    You're right about everything being so busy now. Last minute shoppers, last minute planners or plans, and the best of all is running into people you haven't seen in ages. I love that you gift your service people. Not many do that anymore; I try to remember everyone, but there's always someone that gets by me. You are the best, Beth. I see it in you all the time :)
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute. You sure are a busy lady. All to often we forget about the people that do services for us. I know they appreciate whatever the gift they receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Laura came along all of our friends kept telling us that having a baby later in life would keep us young. I don't know about that but it sure kept us in shape trying to keep up with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to run past the Salon for my hairdresser. Glad you said that Twin! Precious little girl. Hugs to her and her mom!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the pic Beth, she so cute
    I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas
    Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a precious child and a wonderful smile.
    I am glad you mentioned the garbage men. I made ah note of that. You do sound happy even though your so busy ;-) Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. she is so cute just lovely age,you are pretty busy for the weekhead,Please take care yourself
    and drive carfully my frind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing so wonderful in life as a child like that, I know I sure feel that way! My youngest turns five on the 31st and I'm so thankful for her! Great idea giving something to those that help our lives go around...I been in places where services like that don't even exist and it's no picnic! God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always lovely to have the young visitors around I've always liked children. I've missed the young neighbour from next door when she moved away, she was always popping over for a chat, such a lovely sunny outlook on life she had.
    Hugs Jude

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is gorgeous, Beth, and I bet she brought sunshine with that blonde hair of hers...
    I hope you had a safe journey out, and back again, and got the stores you needed.
    have a good week, and thank you for dropping by, and for your comment, always a pleasure to see you. xPenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty litttle girl I love the colour of her hair so cute, and such a joy. Our garbage men are a real treasure they just about take anything, Always reward them at this time of year. Safe journey to the store Beth take care Hugs Sheilax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure is a cutey! Now if they could only bottle their energy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful photo of your great niece and great-great niece! The sunlight shining through the window adds a special touch. Sounds like you have a very busy week leading up to Christmas. I wish you and your family the very best of the best! You are so kind Beth. I hope the service people appreciated your thoughtfulness. I always like to give a little something to the garbage man also. He gives me a happy wave every Friday. May your Christmas be happy and bright. With love and care from Kerrie. xOx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a precious little girl! Sounds like you're keeping busy. Enjoy the time with your brother and SIL.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)