It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Thursday, July 1, 2010

July…

a brand new month begins today.  A month of new hopes and dreams, family and friends to cherish, and just enjoy being alive.  The weather has been absolutely perfect for all of this week, highs near 80, low humidity and in the 50s at night.  It just doesn’t get any better than this.

This past month has been a busy one for me.  I have been busy still finding my way around town.  I still hate going downtown and I will not do that unless it is absolutely necessary.  I still don’t like Rt 29 as the traffic on it is horrendous.  My sister keeps reminding me that I was in worse traffic on 57 and I drove in that for years.  Perhaps it is just getting used to something new and I will get used to this all in time.  I have thought many times that Jim would have enjoyed living here and I wonder why we didn’t move here while he was alive.  Then I remember the many doctors he was seeing and I realize that it couldn’t have been.

Anyway, I am settling in nicely.  My daughter and son in law have been very good to me.  I have seen more of my daughter in the last two months than I saw in the last 20 years.  Unfortunately I am farther away from my son in Chicago and that is one of the things that I don’t like.  I am planning to start doing some volunteer work this fall.  There is a nice hospital here and I am considering the library and the church.  Something to fill in some time.  If I were younger I would get a part time job.  I do enjoy people and being around them.

And now I need to pick up a bit of speed.  On the agenda today is a hair cut, a trip to the grocery store and the vacuum and the mop.  I did get the dreaded bathroom cleaned so I can mark that off the list. 

I hope you all have a really great 4th of July weekend celebrating America’s birthday.  For my friends in other countries, come celebrate with us.  You would be most welcome.

Beth

8 comments:

  1. Your daughter is really lucky to be able to see you so often, Beth, and I'll bet your son will be missing you like crazy. Funny, you say you hate going downtown (probably because it's new and sort of unknown and the traffic). I hate going downtown and I've lived here most all my life. I STILL get lost at the drop of a hat. No sense of direction whatsoever.
    Uh oh, you just reminded me that I forgot to call my hairdresser for an appt. Glad you brought that up. Apparently the no sense of direction isn't all I'm missing ;)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are settling in, It's wonderful you get to see your daughter and sil often. The volunteer work would be wonderful! Since you mentioned it I forgot to make that call to hairdresser too. I wish we had a bigger downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you're able to spend more time with you daughter. I was under the impression that was part of the reason for your move, but I could have gotten that wrong. Good to hear you're considering volunteering somewhere. I'm sure you'll love it and the people will love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi beth, It is good to hear you so upbeat, glad you are starting to settle in and it is a bonus to have your daughter and s.i.l. near, have to see if you can get your son to move nearer. The voluntary work sounds good, you mentioned church, which church do you belong to and what work would you be doing. your weather sounds good, think we are hotter than you at the moment, but I am getting used to it now and much prefer it to winter weather. take care, hugs nita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a nice July 4th weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so enjoying these pictures. I've seen them all before and many times but they never fail to make me smile.
    Have a wonderful 4th, Twin, and we will too.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are very precious for you and your family and as same time I have feeling for you too.You did right thing to moving out with close to your daughter.
    Enjoy 4th weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy July Beth. I would find it hard to move . I have been in one place so long and now when I go to the city I start to get lost they have chnaged so many things and roads.
    I love the photos also.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)